Friday, May 1, 2015

Chapter 25 Abby

"We have been running for hours, how long can it keep up? I try to say through giant gulps of air to Destiny. It feels like we have almost been running in circles now, which in fact we are now as I notice a mark we made on the wall 5 turns ago.

Looking back I get more afraid as what I see is a shadow of a deformed person with sharp claws and fangs that could chop you in half with one bite which freaks me out so much I run up ahead past Destiny even and go through another wall this time smacking into metal.

"Umm, Destiny. You may want to start running. Like to find the wa-" Before I can finish I get whacked in the stomach making me cough up some blood and fall to the side unable to move. I start to see blurs in my eyes then everything goes numb, I can't move or make a sound and feel cold metal against my skin. Yells come in the distance and then a brutal scream like someone dying.

***

When I wake up again I look like I am in Valencia, but war-torn and destroyed. Fires everywhere with statues, books, and artwork. Then there are clockworks, cold heartless clockworks everywhere until all I can here is fire, screams of others, and the gears moving in sync. I then join the screams because I realize what road I have joined. The death row, for pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment