Thursday, April 30, 2015

Chapter 24 Cass

"Now, there is no need for swords. I have sharpened the knives at the dinner table for your two only so it is enough to critically injure a person." Herath says while opening the door and leading us to the dining hall, "Now put on your smile and act happy Cass or they won't buy it entirely."

The giant doors to the hall open up as Herath announces our arrival. I still don't understand why people want us dead. They could just send us on a giant goose chase or something that sends us halfway across the Spiral realizing until we are too far away to do anything about it.

"Tonight we got Frozen Yogurt from the icy cold winds of Polaris, Killer Tomatoes from the overgrown forests of Wysteria, and Devil Ray steak from Drago-" Herath is surprisingly cut off by a gun shot making me grab my knife and hiding it behind me.

"Seems like the spy was found. So sad he won't stay for the main course of Marleybone citizens." Floren says as me and Ryan run to a good vantage point. I look up to the second level above us that circles the perimeter of the dining hall and see a sniper just barely out of view to see us. I start running to the stairs to catch him but he is focusing on Ryan still who is yelling at me to come back but I push it out of my head and focus at the task at hand given to us: eliminate Lord Floren Garenth.

No comments:

Post a Comment