Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Chapter 20 Abby

It wasn't long until I walked down into the maze of my utter doom where I surprisingly found an ax and shield. Then I heard the loudest roar that seemed to echo inside the echo itself then a scream which must have been Destiny's. I raced around corners, over gaps that led to darkness until I found Destiny in a room surrounded by the most horrible looking things with colors you would never think to see on creatures of the Spiral. Roots or something growing out of the backs with feet similar to a Satyr's.

"Destiny!" At the moment I called her name all them turned to look at me and they spoke in a language unfamiliar to me, "Få hende også, lad ikke nogen af ​​dem undslippe!" I ran along the edge of the room trying to get to Destiny to use my ax so I could be able to cut the chain they tied her in. By the time I made it around the room once all of them were trying to catch me from behins so I ran to the middle where Destiny is and at the right moment while running past her I cut the chain but the ax head from the shaft with it. Destiny grabbed my hand and we ran into the maze again past intersections and rooms, around corners, until we knocked into a wall, or so we thought.

Turns out that wall wasn't a wall at all but an illusion inside the maze. I turned my head around to find those things turning a corner thinking we went that way. By the time I heard nothing I whispered to Destiny, "What were those things?" Destiny simply replied scared, shocked, and mixed with emotion over the short battle, "Grendels."

No comments:

Post a Comment