Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chapter 4 Cass

“Can we please stop, I need to eat.” I moaned like I was doing for the last few minutes. The tunnel seemed like it never ended, like it always continued until you gave up hope.

“This is the tunnel of hope so don’t even try and mess with me,” Springer said, “I lost hope traveling this same tunnel and look where I am now. Thought this blasted thing went to a portal, a portal to Aquila or better yet Avalon but that wasn’t true.” Springer started to doze off the subject as I tuned out. I really was wondering if we were doing the right thing, if this went to the Royal Navy, if we should have launched out of the house, attacked that dang fox and slashed at everything in our way to get to Ryan and Abby.

“I need to rest or eat, I can’t travel much longer” I said starting to lay down.

“We can’t stop, if you think about something else then this place will change, trust me, it changes to how much you believe.” I didn’t really care how much he talked about this place, it was just a regular tunnel so I went down on the ground and closed my eyes only to return to my dream.

Where Springer was there was now the green fox, “Welcome to my dream land Cass Underwood, I hope you like your time here until you wake up because you won’t be awake for awhile, a long while.” His laugh was weird, it was like many laughs combined to make a horrible one.

“Let me properly introduce myself, I am Hythrias, the fox leading team A into this skyway.” I tried grabbing for my knives but they weren't there, “Don’t even try, I swept them away long ago, you're just here to suffer the pain over and over again.” The dream started to fade quickly. “Curses! We will meet again Cass Underwood, next time not under such friendly attitude.”

I woke up in a chair, again Ryan had to wake me up but instead of the tavern we were in a dining hall, only it wasn't one today, today it held a built in map of Marleybone and everything surrounding it was in place. “Glad you can join us Cass, me and Abby found you while running from the overload of Radicals at the tavern.” I forgot all about the tavern that I was cut off before I could even say a simple sorry.

“A sorry is not important right now, we have to reclaim the Isle of Dogs.” That voice, I heard it before in the living room when I was invited over for dinner by Springer last month. “Most of the navy is either holding off the stormgates to Marleybone, our outposts, or getting ready to face the giant weapon the Armada built. I looked up and noticed it was no one then the queen herself, but with her was the governor of the outposts Krokotopia, Darkmoor, and Skull Island along with the nobles that ruled the skyways in Marleybone. I also noticed Springer, Abby, and Ryan. If Abby was here then something bad happened, and it wasn’t going to end well for the isle, or the rest of Marleybone.

No comments:

Post a Comment