Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chapter 3 Ryan

Abby was the one for me, we were dating already, once I had enough money for a house and to buy a ring we would all go to Marleybone city, me, Cass, Abby, Springer, and the rest of her family and mine to have the wedding then we would go to MooShu and live the rest of our lives with our children in the great Imperial Skyway. Abby loved the feel in MooShu, Springer allowed me to take her there on our second date and we had a wonderful time.

The feeling subsided though when Springer walked in and gloomed the place up, I couldn’t keep his secret that he uses actual magic, the queen disregarded the no believing in magic rule and he is allowed to use it, only if he is harmed or to protect him, the family, the queen and most importantly Marleybone.

“Ryan, Tell Cass here,” Springer motioned at Cass, the drunk from ALOY, A Lot Of Yum as I say sense I see it commonly, “He is wanted at the house for purposes of matters.” Abby came back from serving a table and started cleaning mugs and Springer left the tavern.

“What was that about?” Abby said in her sweet and harmless accent, it was similar to the people in Albion Skyway, she did grow up there but I can see why her parents left immediately after she was born, the recent uprise of Radicals in that skyway scared everyone, it even scared Springer if he wanted Cass, the one who is trying to crack the case for something that is true, then he needs help stopping them from invading Westminster Skyway.

“Nothing, he just needed Cass at the house.” I said starting to help clean the mugs with Abby, we chatted about stuff, like how I have been noticing the increase of people coming to the house. “Abby, I am telling you, Springer is hiding something from me, so either Cass knows it or he is keeping it from both of us.”

“You just need to let him-” She was cut off to the crackle of fire burning and the shatter of glass. I looked up, holding Abby between my arms doing the ever famous protecting my girlfriend move and saw a Radical, a dirty Radical, white fur but started to come to a brownish color from the dust.

“All your women and children now.” The radical said with a thick accent. More Radicals piled into the room and soon surrounded everyone, even the orphans and their nun who were trapped in a corner. “All women and children now and no one gets hurt.” Abby walked past the counter along with the nun and her orphans.

The orphans, they came here every day to eat some stew, they loved my stew and I added special treats sometimes when they came after playing outside. They would never come in here the same happy way again because of this and I would never look at them the same way again without thinking about this. I did the only thing I knew, I took the gun from under the counter, aimed, and fired at the fox shooting him with the sparks that came out of the gun.

“He killed Guy!” One of the foxes yelled. All I had just did only angered the whole group though, they came over to the counter, closing in on me when out of nowhere Abby grabbed one of the swords from the display case and sliced at one of the foxes, making them fall to the floor. She caused the distraction and I repaid her by attacking one of the foxes with the end the gun. One by one they fell down, sparks and iron working together to save women and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment