Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chapter 2 Cass

I saw flames inside a factory and soldiers starting to set up barricades in the streets which was bad news and either the foxes were rioting again and he wanted me to help out with keeping the peace or something worse. And then a giant eye came at me from the sky. I nearly dodged it as it splattered on the ground, and started to think it was either Meowiarty or someone else. I start to run for my life as more eyes come down like a meteor strike was taking place over Marleybone. I didn’t dare want to find out how it was happening as there was enough weird stuff going on already.

When I got to the house, the eye shower or whatever it was stopped, but foxes started coming out of the sewer with bayonets and invading houses. Suddenly I was starting to miss the eyeballs raining death and gooey destruction from the skies. If they took control of even the town and gained a foothold on the isle then anything could happen. They could seize the Royal Navy ships being docked here currently and then Marleybone would be defenseless. And it is enough that the Armada is already building some giant thing all the way on the other side of the skyway because they think we destroyed one of their officers when really they kidnapped the daughter of Port Regal’s Governor Stanley.

I finally reached the house, “Open up!” I yelled as some foxes were getting closer, their guns in hand waiting to pull the trigger and kill me. Springer opened the door and I came running in as Springer looked behind me at all the foxes outside. I could only guess that he was in shock from how close the foxes were getting to the door of the house, “Hello! Lt. Springer! Close the door already or we will die!” He closed the door as soon as I stopped talking as if his brain started to tick again. He went over to a pot and lifted it up to reveal a secret compartment with a bottom inside. Suddenly, every door, window, and possible entrance into the house was blocked off by solid iron.

“Now what the heck is so important for you to invite me inside your house?” I was panting really hard while trying to get the words out after running across the isle. “I woke up to Ryan saying that you needed me so then I go outside and see giant eyeballs falling from the sky, except only after they stop, Radicals come out of the sewers and start attacking everyone!"

“Forget about what I previously had called you here for. That can wait until this is settled. We first have to deal with the Radicals and their witch doctor that they gained.” commanded Springer, “It seems that they want to weaken us so we are defenseless when the Armada is finished building that thing.”

“Wait wait wait. Shouldn't we try and save Ryan first? He's still out there.” The sound of more foxes in the streets was growing louder and louder by the second.

“Ryan can handle himself. He's well equipped at the tavern. Our job is to go and tell the Admirals. Hurry, come with me.” His tone ran down like wildfire just like in my dream. This all was a variation of my dream though. The foxes were coming up from sewers, the wildfire tone the seemed to command me from Springer, but it didn’t click. It was like a puzzle piece was missing and the dream never finished so I could see what could happen after that. Springer grabbed some supplies and went to the basement door, only I thought it was a basement door until now as it turned out it was just a tunnel that went lower into the isle. I went down a flight of stairs and came to a passageway. There were two directions that presented us: one to the left that sounded like gunfire and the right which was quiet and tranquil. We went right.

“Close the door please or else we may get followed once they melt through the iron upstairs.” I did as he said with the wildfire sting coming back, almost like magic. I swear he had secretly had magic or some other giant secret that could ruin him if it got out. Ryan and I thought though that everyone on the isle had a secret, and I think we were getting closer to finding it out. Well, really just me as Ryan probably will never get closer due to the fact that an army of Radicals are heading towards him and he doesn't really care about the conspiracies we made up anymore, saying that we were just dumb and young when we made it up.

Sooner or later, we came upon another door. Springer knocked on it and simply said, "Flamora." The door opened to a well-pampered otter and I could only guess he was an admiral by the badges he had across him.

"Welcome Lt. Springer," said a calm and noble voice. "What news do you bring us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment