Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chapter 16 Floren

The echo of boots hitting the floor coming closer, every few seconds lightning and thunder booming in the dark sky of The Wyrd. "Sir." A voice said from outside after knocking, "They have arrived in Avalon."

I looked out into the rain from a windowsill and saw the lights of the village down the road in the dark rainy night, "Send a  for them, recall all foxes from the skyway back to the village, and tell the maids to prepare rooms and cells for them. I want them here in the next hour."

I sat down, got a sheet of paper from a drawer and started writing.

Hythrias,

After we reached here people fled quickly in terror into houses and tents, behind rocks and into the woods and we walked right through the town to the castle and killed their king and any guards getting in the way. We had to many people actually so I had to send some people out to the village and beyond that to survey the skyway and docks looking for the brats. By the time you read they will be in my castle while my trap comes more into play.

                                                                                           -Commander Floren

I stood up and walked out of my room into the hall to one of the corner towers where message birds where kept and whispered to it, "Take this to the mail ship in Wish Lake." The bird took off with the message strapped to her wing off into the night sky where the rain had just passed allowing the bird to fly smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment